Canadian home sales down in December
Ottawa, ON, January 15, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was down on a month-over-month basis in December 2014.
- National home sales fell 5.8% from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 7.9% above December 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 1.1% from November to December.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.4% year-over-year in December.
- The national average sale price rose 3.8% on a year-over-year basis in December.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations fell 5.8 per cent in December 2014 compared to November and remained above year-ago levels.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations / Relations auprés des médias
The Canadian Real Estate Association / L’Association canadienne de l’immeuble
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor / 200, rue Catherine, 6e étage Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel/Tél: +1 (613) 237-7111 Fax/Téléc: +1 (613) 234-2567