Canadian home sales slip further in January
Ottawa, ON, February 17, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was down on a month-over-month basis in January 2015.
- National home sales fell 3.1% from December to January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 2.0% below January 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 0.7% from December to January.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.17% year-over-year in January.
- The national average sale price rose 3.1% on a year-over-year basis in January.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations fell 3.1 per cent in January 2015 compared to December 2014.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations / Relations auprés des médias