Canadian home sales up again in April
Ottawa, ON, May 15, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity posted a third consecutive month-over-month increase in April 2015.
- National home sales rose 2.3% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10% above April 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from March to April.
- The Canadian housing market overall remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.97% year-over-year in April.
- The national average sale price rose 9.5% on a year-over-year basis in April; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 3.4 %.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 2.3 per cent in April 2015 compared to March. This marks the third consecutive month-over-month increase and raises national activity back to where it was during most of the second half of last year.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations / Relations auprés des médias