Canadian home sales ease in September
Ottawa, ON, October 15, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity eased in September 2015 from the month before.
- National home sales declined by 2.1% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity edged up 0.7% compared to September 2014.
- The number of newly listed homes retreated 2.1% from August to September.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.9% year-over-year in September.
- The national average sale price rose 6.1% on a year-over-year basis in September; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.9%.
The number of homes trading hands via MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations fell by 2.1 per cent in September 2015 compared to August.
For more information, please contact :
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111 Fax: +1 (613) 234-2567