According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales edged lower in December 2015 compared to the previous month, but held year-ago levels.
- National home sales edged back bu 0.6% from November to December
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 10% compared to December 2014
- The number of newly listed homes rose 2.2% from November to December
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall
- the MLS Home Price Index (HPI) rose 7.3% year-over-year in December
- The national average sale price rose 12% on a year-over-year-basis in December; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 5.4%