Canadian home sales set record in April
Ottawa, ON, May 16, 2016 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales in April 2016 rose to their highest level ever.
- National home sales rose by 3.1% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 10.3% compared to April 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed (-0.2%) from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 10.3% year-over-year in April.
- The national average sale price climbed 13.1% in April from one year ago; net of the Greater Toronto Area and Greater Vancouver, it was up by 8.7% year-over-year.
The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems in April 2016 rose by 3.1 percent month-over-month to set a new monthly record.