Ottawa, ON, September 15, 2016 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined for a fourth consecutive month in August 2016.
- National home sales fell 3.1% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 10.2% above August 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes declined 2.7% from July to August.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 14.7% year-over-year in August.
- The national average sale price climbed 5.4% in August from one year ago.
The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 3.1 percent month-over-month in August 2016 – the largest monthly decline since December 2014. Together with declines in each of the three previous months, the slowdown in August places national home sales activity 6.9 percent below the record set in April 2016.
For more detailed information please refer to the attachment: crea-monthly-statistics-and-mls-hpi-august-2016-en