Ottawa, ON, March 15, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales were up on a month-over-month basis in February 2017.
- National home sales rose 5.2% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in February was down 2.6% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes was up 4.8% from January to February.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in February was up 16% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The national average sale price edged up 3.5% y-o-y in February.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems rose by 5.2% month-over-month in February 2017 to reach the highest level since April 2016.
CREA monthly news release and MLS HPI February 2017
CREA Updates and Extends Resale Housing Market Forecast
Ottawa, ON, March 15, 2017 – The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) has updated its forecast for home sales activity via the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations in 2017 and 2018.
Canadian housing market trends continue to display considerable regional divergence. In British Columbia, activity in the Lower Mainland has cooled markedly from all-time highs recorded early last year; however, sales and price pressures elsewhere in the province remain historically strong.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111