Metrolinx alongside the Government of Ontario has announced that we are expanding and improving GO Transit service to better meet the needs of travellers. As of April 8, the Route 12 GO Bus will stop at Niagara College’s Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus to make it easier for students and staff to get to and from school and for more people to take transit in Niagara Region. Minister of Transportation Steven Del Duca and MPP Jim Bradley made the announcement while visiting the campus today.
Buses run between Niagara Falls and
Burlington, also stopping in St. Catharines, Grimsby and Stoney Creek, and connecting to Lakeshore West GO Train service at the Burlington GO Station. They will provide hourly service throughout the day and into late evening, seven days a week.
Bringing GO bus service to this campus will make it easier for residents of the Niagara region to get to school, home, and anywhere in between – all part of our plan to bring more transit to more people through the expansion of our GO services.
- The new GO Bus stop will be located near the entrance of the main building where Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit, Niagara Region Transit, St. Catharines Transit and Welland Transit buses stop.
- Detailed schedules will be available during the week of March 20. Customers should check gotransit.com/schedulechanges for more details.
- Students can have their PRESTO cards set with a student discount and save even more.
- Niagara’s seasonal GO Train service will resume Victoria Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend and throughout the summer on Friday evenings, Saturday, Sundays and holidays, for the ninth consecutive year.
- Metrolinx continues to work closely with local transit service providers to ensure better alignment between GO Transit and local transit services.
Senior Advisor, Communications and Public Affairs
Metrolinx I 97 Front Street West I Toronto I Ontario I M5J 1E6
T: 416-202-5589 C: 416-706-6020