Please be advised that, starting April 8, GO Transit will introduce changes to a number of train and bus trips. There will be new weekday late-evening train trips on the Lakeshore East and West lines and more trips on some bus routes to meet growing ridership demand.
For a full schedule of changes to GO train and bus trips, please gotransit.com
Starting April 8, we are introducing new weekday late-evening train trips on the Lakeshore East and West lines as part of our plans to expand and improve GO Transit service.
- On the Lakeshore West line, a new eastbound weekday trip will depart Aldershot GO at 10:31 p.m., making all stops to Union Station and arriving at 11:41 p.m.
- New trips on GO Bus Routes 15 and 18 will connect to the new Lakeshore West train trip.
- On the Lakeshore East line, a new eastbound weekday trip will depart Union at 11:43 p.m.
Also starting April 8, we will provide GO bus service to Niagara College’s Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus to make it easier for students and staff to get to and from school and for more people to take transit in Niagara Region.
- We will run hourly service throughout the day and into the late evening seven days a week.
- Buses will run between Niagara Falls and Burlington, stopping in St. Catharines, Beamsville, Grimsby and Stoney Creek, and connecting to Lakeshore West GO Train service at Burlington GO.
- The GO Bus stop will be located near the main entrance of the main building, where Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit, Niagara Region Transit, St. Catharines Transit and Welland Transit buses stop.
- To ensure they always pay the lowest GO Transit fare, riders should purchase a PRESTO card. With a valid GO student ID, students can have their cards set with a student discount and save even more.
We will also be making other minor schedule adjustments to respond to changing demand and improve schedule reliability. Keep in the know and plan ahead for easier travel.
- Check the new schedules at com/schedules.
- Find out about GO fares, tickets and PRESTO at com/fares.
- Sign up for On-The-GO alerts to receive timely, customized information about service changes and other GO news.
- Check with Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit, Niagara Region Transit, St. Catharines Transit and Welland Transit for their fares and schedules.
We appreciate your assistance with sharing the information with your constituents and networks. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
Senior Advisor, Communications and Public Affairs
Metrolinx I 97 Front Street West I Toronto I Ontario I M5J 1E6
T: 416-202-5589 C: 416-706-6020