Ottawa, ON, May 15, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined in April 2017.
- National home sales fell 1.7% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in April was down 7.5% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes jumped 10% from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 19.8% year-over-year (y-o-y) in April 2017.
- The national average sale price rose 10.4% y-o-y in April.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 1.7% in April 2017 from the all-time record set in March.
Click here for CREA monthly stats and MLS HPI April 2017
At the Brampton Real Estate Board (BREB) we believe in the ownership of Real Estate. Our objective is to contribute to the capability and growth of our members in their endeavors by marketing all forms of real property throughout the greater Brampton, Halton Hills and Caledon marketplaces and beyond. The Brampton Real Estate Board is dedicated to providing an environment in which it’s Member REALTORS®, employees, Board of Directors, and Committee volunteers are encouraged to grow, succeed and develop in order to provide the highest level of professional conduct and service.
View all posts by bramptonrealestateboard