Ottawa, ON, August 15, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined further in July 2017. CREA monthly statistics and MLS HPI July 2017
- National home sales fell 2.1% from June to July.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in July stood 11.9% below last July’s level.
- The number of newly listed homes edged back by 1.8% from June to July.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 12.9% year-over-year (y-o-y) in July 2017.
- The national average sale price edged down by 0.3% y-o-y in July.
The number of homes sold via Canadian MLS® Systems fell 2.1% in July 2017, the fourth consecutive monthly decline. While the monthly decline was about one-third the magnitude of those in May and June, it leaves sales activity 15.3% below the record set in March.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111