We previously sent this email which highlighted the wrong URL information. Please instead refer to the updated information in the email below. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
On October 10, REALTOR Link® will be moving behind a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to assure compliance with the 2017 security audit recommendations. As a result, the URL for the REALTOR Link® website will change to https://www.REALTORlink.ca. In order to help with the transition, we will redirect visitors accessing the site using the old URL to assure service continuity. However, the change may impact framed content included on your REALTOR Link® community.
How this change impacts your organization and what you need to do:
- Review iFramed content on your board or association REALTOR Link® website by October 10.
If you use iFrames on your REALTOR Link® board or association website, they may be impacted by this change.
- If the content you frame is coming from http sites, once REALTOR Link® moves to https, it will likely no longer display as expected.
To prevent broken iFrames on your site, you can:
- Change that content to secure content before https is implemented on REALTOR Link®.
- Stop using that content and remove iFrame from your site.
- If you pull content from https sites, there should be no impact to that component after REALTOR Link® goes to SSL.
- Update web links
Examples of such sites include:
- Your board’s public website with links to REALTOR Link®;
- Your board / association MLS® System;
- Third-party dashboards; and
- Affiliate sites, etc.
- Ask your members to update browser bookmarks
We recommend that you inform your members about this change and urge them to bookmark the new URL: https://www.REALTORlink.ca
- Check your iFramed content before October 10, 2017.
If you have questions about this change, please contact CREA Member Support for more information.
Feel free to use the communications notes below to inform your members of the change.
Audience: Third-party groups working with your boards, MLS® System providers
Subject line: Change in REALTOR Link® URL + Request to Update Links
Content: On October 10, REALTOR Link® will be moving behind a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which requires a change in the URL.
The old URL (http://www.REALTORlink.ca) will be replaced by https://www.REALTORlink.ca.
We ask that you update web links and bookmarks currently pointing to http://www.REALTORlink.ca and start using the new URL: https://www.REALTORlink.ca by December 31, 2017.
Audience: Members of your board
Subject line: Change your REALTOR Link® Bookmarks
Content: On October 10, REALTOR Link® is moving behind a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which requires an update to the URL. As a result, you are encouraged to update your browser bookmarks with the new URL.
If you have questions about this change, please contact CREA Member Support.