CREA monthly statistics and MLS HPI December 2017
Ottawa, ON, January 15, 2018 – Statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), show national home sales continued to climb in December 2017.
- National home sales rose 4.5% from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 4.1% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 3.3% from November to December.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in December was up 9.1% y-o-y.
- The national average sale price advanced by 5.7% y-o-y.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems posted their fifth consecutive monthly increase in December 2017, fully recovering from the slump last summer.