The world is currently coping with a global health challenge with significant human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of COVID-19.
With this evolving situation, we want to reassure you that OREA is taking diligent action to protect the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and Members. We are carefully reviewing and updating our business plans and policies to ensure that these meet our needs.
Like everyone, we are closely monitoring the reports of COVID-19 and taking our lead from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ontario Public Health, and Toronto Public Health (TPH).
We have put together a dedicated response team to monitor the ever-changing situation and help with our response. To help minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are implementing several precautionary measures, effective immediately until further notice.
OREA asks that its Directors, Committees, volunteers, and staff suspend all non-essential business travel until further notice. This includes member board events or dinners, Economic Club, Board of Trade and Chamber events, as well as OREA Updates and business events.
OREA has decided to cancel the following upcoming business events:
- REALTOR(R) Connect Sessions (Mar 23, Toronto; Mar 27, London; and Apr 1 Ottawa)
- New Member Services Board Townhall (Apr 19, Ottawa)
- The Board of Directors meeting on April 8-9 will be held virtually with an agenda covering essential business items only.
- Standard Forms and Clauses Outreach program suspends until the end of April.
- Further information about OREA business events will be provided as needed as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 response.
These decisions were not made lightly and are in the best interest of volunteers and staff. Your health and that of your families is of paramount importance. These are extraordinary times with unprecedented measures being taken to minimize the exposure to COVID-19 and prevent further spread.
We will keep you updated as further decisions about OREA business activities are made.
Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself, your colleagues, and our communities healthy.