BREB would like to invite all BREB members to attend a special zoom webinar on how to protect your clients in a crisis, including what happens if a buyer cannot close because of COVID 19 and the clauses to use to make sure your deals close on time.
When: Apr 3, 2020, 10:00 AM Eastern Time (the US and Canada)
Topic: protecting your deals in a crisis
Register in advance for this webinar: – LIMITED SEATING
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
In this new seminar, Mark Weisleder, Real Estate Lawyer, Author, Columnist, and speaker teaches what you need to know to protect yourself and your clients during these perilous times.
The objectives of this course are to understand:
The clauses you need to insert to make sure deals close in these uncertain times
- Whether buyers can cancel deals due to COVID 19
- Best practices to make sure deals close as scheduled
By the end of this session you will:
Know how to protect clients when they enter into agreements in the first place
- Learn how to identify clients to maintain FINTRAC requirements
- Understand what will happen if buyers refuse to close due to COVID 19
- Learn how to exchange keys at closing to avoid third party couriers and firms affecting access to the property in a timely manner
- Learn the clauses you need to include to make sure the deal can still close in a timely manner
- Understand how to use best practices when showing properties
- Learn how to make sure deposits are properly paid in any real estate agreement
- Understand why clients should not buy and sell on the same day
- Learn what defects have to be disclosed to a buyer
- Learn how to draft a seller repair clause to ensure the work is completed prior to closing
- Understand how to make sure a tenant vacates in time when a buyer is moving in on closing