EMBARGO – June 2020 CREA statistics
Canadian home sales and new listings up again in June
Ottawa, ON, July 15, 2020 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) reveal national home sales and new listings continued to rebound in June 2020.
- National home sales rose 63% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 15.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties climbed 49.5% from May to June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) new supply stood 4.8% above June 2019.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 0.5% m-o-m and was up 5.4% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 6.5% y-o-y gain.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems in June 2020 rebounded by a further 63%, returning them to normal levels for the month – some 150% above where they were in April.
Access the June 2020 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111