September 15, 2020 – As providers of the most accurate and timely housing data and statistics, CREA believes the outlook to still be too uncertain to release a forecast at this time.
August 2020 another record-setting month for many Canadian housing markets
Ottawa, ON, September 15, 2020 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales and new listings continued to climb in August 2020.
- National home sales rose 6.2% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 33.5% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties climbed 10.6% from July to August.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1.7% m-o-m and was up 9.4% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted an 18.5% y-o-y gain in August.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems increased a further 6.2% in August 2020, raising them to another new all-time monthly record.
Access the August 2020 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111