Canadian home sales remain historically strong in October
Ottawa, ON, November 16, 2020 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales continued running at historically strong levels in October 2020.
• National home sales edged back 0.7% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in October.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 32.1% year-over-year (y-o-y).
• The number of newly listed properties rose 2.9% from September to October.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1% m-o-m and was up 10.9% y-o-y.
• The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 15.2% y-o-y gain in October.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems in October 2020 edged back by 0.7% from September’s all-time record for monthly sales.
Access the October 2020 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111