Canadian housing markets set records again in January
Ottawa, ON, February 16, 2021 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales set another all-time record in January 2021.
- National home sales rose 2% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 35.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties dropped by 13.3% from December 2020 to January 2021.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1.9% m-o-m and was up 13.5% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 22.8% y-o-y gain in January.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems climbed 2% between December 2020 and January 2021 to set another new all-time record.
Access the January 2021 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K