Canadian housing heating up again heading into 2022
Ottawa, ON, December 15, 2021 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales edged up slightly in November, holding onto all of the gains made in October.
- National home sales rose 0.6% on a month-over-month basis in November.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity edged down just 0.7% on a year-over-year basis.
- The number of newly listed properties climbed by 3.3% from October to November.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (MLS® HPI) rose 2.7% month-over-month and was up a record 25.3% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 19.6% year-over-year gain in November.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 0.6% between October and November 2021. The small increase followed on the heels of a 9% jump in activity in October.
Access the November 2021 stats PDF.
CREA Updates Resale Housing Market Forecast
Ottawa, ON December 15, 2021 – The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) has updated its forecast for home sales activity via the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) Systems of Canadian real estate boards and associations.
Monthly home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems were not as volatile in 2021 as they were in 2020. That said, they were nonetheless still very unstable – similar to what was seen during the 2008-2009 financial crisis – but at a much higher level.
Access the December 2021 forecast PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111