PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this email and the attached documents are embargoed and cannot be released until 9 am (Ottawa time) Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
March home sales and new listings ease back following surge in February
Ottawa, ON, April 19, 2022 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales and newly available listings both retreated in March 2022 after having jumped briefly higher in February.
- National home sales fell back by 5.4% on a month-over-month basis in March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 16.3% below the all-time sales record set in March 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties was down 5.5% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1% month-over-month and was up 27.1% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted an 11.2% year-over-year gain in March.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell back 5.4% between February and March 2022. The decline puts activity back in line with where it had been since last fall.
Access the March 2022 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111