Ottawa, ON July 15, 2022 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were down in June 2022.
- National home sales fell by 5.6% on a month-over-month basis in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 23.9% below the June record set in 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties was up 4.1% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) edged down 1.9% month-over-month but was still up 14.9% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 1.8% year-over-year decline in June.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 5.6% between May and June 2022. Although larger declines were recorded in April and May, monthly activity has dropped to slightly below average levels for the month of June.
Access the June 2022 stats PDF.