Ottawa, ON, November 15, 2022 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales edged a little higher in October 2022.
- National home sales were up 1.3% on a month-over-month basis in October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 36% below October 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties edged up 2.2% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) declined by 1.2% month-over-month and was down 0.8% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 9.9% year-over-year decline in October.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems edged up by 1.3% between September and October 2022. While not a large increase, it was significant in that it was the first monthly gain since February.
Access the October 2022 stats PDF.