Canadian home sales edge down from October to November
Ottawa, ON, December 15, 2022 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were down on a month-over-month basis in November 2022.
- National home sales declined by 3.3% month-over-month in November.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 38.9% below November 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties edged down 1.3% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) declined by 1.4% month-over-month and was down 4.4% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 12% year-over-year decline in November
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 3.3% between October and November 2022, more than erasing October’s small gain and rejoining the moderating sales trend that began back in February.
Access the November 2022 stats PDF.
For more information, please contact:
The Canadian Real Estate Association
200 Catherine Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, ON K2P 2K9
Tel: +1 (613) 237-7111