The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is seeking experienced and skilled REALTORS® to put their names forward as candidates for the 2023-2024 Board of Directors. As part of the application, you will have an opportunity to include any additional materials you would like displayed on member.CREA.ca to support your candidacy (e.g., letters of reference, resume, photo, etc.). The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 17, 2023.
There are three (3) Director-at-Large positions available (each for a two-year term).
There are five (5) Regional Director positions available (four for a two-year term, one for a one-year term) from each of the following regions: British Columbia/Yukon, Manitoba, Quebec, the Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador), and Ontario (one-year term).
QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS:
Persons wishing to be elected either as a Director-at-Large or a Regional Director must:
- Be a REALTOR® member;
- Have been a REALTOR® member for at least five (5) years;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years sitting on a Board of Directors of a Canadian not-for profit corporation or a public body;
- Otherwise not be disqualified by the Act;
- In the case of a Regional Director, be licensed in that region.
- If elected, must have completed leadership courses as set out in CREA policy within one year of being elected, and
- Complete the candidacy documents in the form provided by CREA.
The deadline for candidate submissions is Friday, February 17, 2023.
The Director-at-Large elections will take place at CREA’s Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 18, 2023. The Regional Director elections will take place prior to the CREA AGM at a time and place to be determined.